By Hisakazu Kato
Analyzing the relation among inhabitants components and technological development is the most goal of this publication. With its declining inhabitants, Japan faces the straightforward yet tough challenge of even if sustained monetary progress may be maintained. even if there are numerous reviews to enquire destiny monetary progress from the perspective of work strength transition and the lowering saving fee, technological development is crucial issue to be thought of sooner or later direction of the japanese economic system. Technological development is the results of strategies or advancements within the caliber of human and actual capital. the rise in technological development, that is measured as overall issue productiveness (TFP), is learned either by way of advancements in productiveness within the brief time period and through financial advancements within the long-term. the writer investigates the connection of inhabitants elements and productiveness, concentrating on productiveness development within the brief time period. Many discussions have lengthy been held in regards to the relation among inhabitants and technological growth. From the previous Malthusian version to the fashionable endogenous monetary progress types, quite a few theories are built within the context of progress concept. during this booklet, those discussions are summarized in short, with an research of the quantitative relation among inhabitants and technological growth utilizing country-based panel info in fresh periods.
Read or Download An Empirical Analysis of Population and Technological Progress PDF
Similar demography books
The decennial census was once the federal government's biggest and most intricate peacetime operation. This document of a panel of the nationwide examine Council's Committee on nationwide data comprehensively stories the behavior of the 2000 census and the standard of the ensuing info. The panel's findings conceal the making plans method for 2000, which was once marked by means of an environment of severe controversy concerning the proposed function of statistical concepts within the census enumeration and attainable adjustment for error in counting the inhabitants.
We are living within the details age. Statistical surveys are used on a daily basis to figure out or overview public coverage and to make very important enterprise judgements. right tools for computing the precision of the survey facts and for making inferences to the objective inhabitants are totally necessary to sound selection making.
- Modeling Multigroup Populations
- The New Population Problem: Why Families in Developed Countries Are Shrinking and What It Means (The Penn State University Family Issues Symposia Series)
- Philosophical Papers: Volume Two
- American Jewish Year Book 2015: The Annual Record of the North American Jewish Communities
- Kinship and Demographic Behavior in the Past
- Population and Development Report, Third Issue - International Migration and Development in the Arab Region: Challenges and Opportunities
Additional resources for An Empirical Analysis of Population and Technological Progress
1 Population and technological progress 39 Scale Effect Population Technological Progress Increase Engine of Growth Fertility? Economic Growth With an increase in population, and all other things being equal, it follows that there will be an increase in the number of researchers and innovators. It can therefore be said that the growth rate of the economy is proportional to the total amount of research conducted in society. However, Collins et al. (2013) proposed an interesting view on this point.
OECD. (2008). Compendium of productivity indicators 2008. OECD. (2013). OECD Factbook 2013. Schreyer, P. (2003). Capital stocks, capital services and multi-factor productivity measures. OECD Economic Studies 37. , & Hajkova, D. (2007). Measuring multifactor productivity growth. OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers, 2007/05. World Bank. (2015). World Bank Open Data. 30). Chapter 3 Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Population and Technological Progress Abstract This chapter conﬁrms the relationship between population growth and technological progress using theoretical and empirical studies.
13) inputs are used as the indices for productivity measurements. Incidentally, labor productivity is the most representative index. , a value-added basis of GDP or a production basis which incorporates intermediate goods and services). 1 depicts the main productivity measures from the OECD (2001). The OECD (2001) offered an explanation of the productivity deﬁnition. As for labor productivity, based on value added, it is deﬁned as the quantity index of value added, divided by the quantity index of labor input.
An Empirical Analysis of Population and Technological Progress by Hisakazu Kato